Success Stories -
Product Placement Opportunities
• Rapper, Ludacris received a Maurice Lacroix watch at our American Music Awards Retreat and subsequently wrote the product into one of his songs, BR Right. "I might make you famous, and buy you watches by Maurice Lacroix".
• Garrett Popcorn completely won over Bonnie Hunt at the People's Choice Awards. She requested tins of the popcorn to appear in the promo for her "Life with Bonnie" sitcom which aired during the Super Bowl, and in the season finale of the show. She continued her relationship with Garrett by placing them in 2 shots of her movie with Steve Martin, "Cheaper by the Dozen".
• William Whatley presented his hair product line at the American Music Awards and was approached by 'NSYNC to work together on their upcoming tour. This ultimately led to William's line being named as the official hair care product for their tour. Smashmouth, opening for 'NSYNC, also began working with William.
Establishing Relationships with the Celebrities
• William Attaway was a huge success at the Essence Awards. Jill Scott was so impressed that she purchased artwork from him, and the producers of the NAACP Image awards were enthralled with his work and commissioned him to do set pieces for the Dave Matthews Band performance on the show.
• The Shoreham hotel in New York has had success with several of our retreats. Jon Secada decided to stay for the weekend to evaluate long-term living arrangements for an upcoming film he would be shooting in New York. The American Idol finalists all received gift certificates and on the spot planned their trip to New York to see fellow finalist, Frenchie, perform in Rent.
• Madonna set up a margarita party after meeting the Margarita King at the MTV Video Music awards.
On Air Placement Opportunities
• All of the girls in the American Idol finale wore Lois Hill Jewelry for their final performance and the choir was outfitted in Donald J Pliner shoes. One week after the finale, Ruben and Clay came to New York and went shopping in the Pliner Store.
• Lil Romeo walked from our Retreat to the stage during the Teen Choice Awards and used the Sprint/LG phone he had just received in a skit to call his manager.
• Keifer Sutherland broke a cufflink during the Screen Actors Guild Awards, so he borrowed a pair from Retreat sponsor, Stefano Ricci. He wore the cufflinks on stage to present an award.
• Toby Keith wore the Durango Boots he received in the Retreat on stage for his performance at the Flameworthy Awards.
• After meeting Leon of Leon's Beverly Hills in the Screen Actors Guild Awards Retreat, Dule Hill and Forrest Whitaker brought their fiancée and wife, respectively, into his shop to borrow jewelry to wear on the red carpet for the Oscars.
• Andy Taylor of Duran Duran wore his Tommy Hilfiger shirt on stage for the band's performance at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Increased Brand Awareness and Sales
• Sprint LG Phones were a success at the Teen Choice Awards. Sprint reported that approximately half the cell phone users signed up to continue their service after their free trial was completed. Reese Witherspoon not only signed up, but also purchased additional accessories.
• Halle Berry loved the PeTote she received at the Screen Actors Guild and called the company for another one for her other dog. Their sales tripled after SAG as a result of all the publicity and have remained strong since.
• After the FlameWorthy awards, Deanna Carter ordered 21 guitar straps from Jeri Hart Designs. Trace Adkins also ordered straps from Jeri's online store.
• In Touch Magazine featured Junk Gypsy Company t-shirts following a visit by the writer to our Retreat. They are now in contention for a contract to be carried in Target stores.
• Nikki Leigh Spa Products will be offered at the Orient Express Hotel in Charleston, South Carolina and are looking to expand to 29 other hotels worldwide. They credit their success to the company's involvement in our SAG Nominee gift basket.
• Men's shirt designer Starla & Romeo's involvement in our Retreats at the Video Game Awards and Premios Fox Sports opened the door to get their product accepted into Fred Segal.